Norwegians are known to absolutely love gambling and that includes online casino gaming. Poker is the most popular online game in this country. Although Norway has strict gambling laws, there are many ways for Norwegian casino players to access online and offline casino games. There are two companies that provide casino games in Norway—Norsk Rikstoto and Norsk Tipping. These companies are the only ones allowed by the government to conduct gambling operations in the country. There are lots of Norway-based online casinos which offer a decent collection of games- but Norwegian casino players still prefer to get access to offshore-based online casinos.
History of Online Casinos in Norway
Gambling in Norway has a rich and colorful history. In 1902, the gambling market was first regulated through the creation of The Penal Code which gave out licenses to casino operators. In 1927, The Totalizer Act was approved and Norsk Rikstoto became the only company allowed to conduct horse betting activities. It was in 1992 when The Gaming Act was approved which assigned Norsk Tipping as the only one in-charge of running all casino games, online horse betting, and bingo. In 1995, the Lottery Act was first introduced which regulated lottery games and games of chances. In 2003, Norsk Tipping was able to get exclusive rights in operating all slot machines that were coin-operated. It was in 2007 when the government of Norway banned all slot machines. In 2008, online gambling started to gain popularity among residents which prompted the government to regulate access to international online casinos. Only Norway-based and state-owned online casinos were allowed during this period. Back in 2009, Norsk Tipping created its own gaming terminals where casino players can gain access through the use of special cards. Those special cards only allowed a certain number of transactions per month to prevent gambling addiction. In 2010, The Payment Act was first introduced which made it illegal for local banks to process payment transactions to offshore-based online casinos. In 2015, the first ever legal live poker championship was held in the country. In 2017, the government of Norway started making efforts to ban all TV advertising of offshore-based online casinos.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Norway
The Gaming Scheme Act and the Lottery Act are the two main gambling laws in Norway. Only two companie are allowed by the government to operate gambling activities in the country. Although there are no signs that these gambling laws will soon change, Norwegians still have a lot of ways to gain access to offshore online casinos and play their favorite online casino games.
The Best NetEnt Casinos in Norway
These are some of the best NetEnt casinos in Norway: Casinoland, Dunder Casino, Casumo Casino, Kaboo Casino, Casino Cruise, Karjala Casino, House of Jack Casino, Dream Jackpot Casino, Gunsbet Casino, Loki Casino, Sloty Casino, Metal Casino, Crazy Fortune Casino, Diamond Reels Casino, Slotastic Casino, Casino Club, Casino Luck, Mandarin Palace Casino, Titanbet Casino, Treasure Mile Casino, Miami Club Casino, Winward Casino, Betonline Casino, Jackpot Capital Casino, Royal Panda Casino, Frank Casino, and CasinoPop.
Welcome Bonuses at NetEnt Casinos in Norway
- Casinoland gives out a €200 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Dunder Casino offers its new players a welcome bonus consisting of a €50 cash bonus with a 200% bonus percentage.
- Casumo Casino gives out up to €1200 welcome bonus and 200 free spins.
- Kaboo Casino has a €100 welcome bonus for its new players.
- Casino Cruise, on the other hand, gives out a $200 welcome bonus with 200 free spins for Starburst.
- Karjala Casino gives its new players a whopping 1000 free spins.
- House of Jack Casino offers its new players a $450 welcome cash bonus.
- Dream Jackpot Casino has a £900 welcome bonus and 75 free spins.
- Gunsbet Casino offers its new players a €100 welcome bonus and 100 free spins.
- Loki Casino has a $100 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Sloty Casino has a €1,500 welcome bonus plus 300 free spins.
- Metal Casino offers its new players a €100 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage. Crazy Fortune Casino has a €300 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Diamond Reels Casino has a $500 welcome bonus with 175 free spins.
- Slotastic Casino has a $300 welcome cash bonus for its new players.
- Casino Club offers its new players a $250 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage. Casino Luck has a welcome bonus which consists of a €150 cash bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Mandarin Palace Casino offers its new players a $200 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Titanbet Casino has a £200 welcome bonus for its new users.
- Treasure Mile Casino offers its new players a $500 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Miami Club Casino has a $200 welcome bonus with a 200% bonus percentage.
- Winward Casino has up to $500 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Betonline Casino gives out up to $1,000 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage to its new users.
- Jackpot Capital Casino offers its new users up to $600 welcome cash bonus.
- Royal Panda Casino has a $100 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage.
- Frank Casino gives out a €200 welcome bonus with a 100% bonus percentage to its new players.
- CasinoPop has a €700 welcome bonus and a 200% bonus percentage.
Payment Methods, Languages, and Currencies Available at NetEnt Casinos in Norway
These are the most commonly used deposit and withdrawal methods at online casinos in Norway: EntroPay, Click2Pay, Ukash, PaySafeCard, Bank Transfer, Neteller, MasterCard, VISA Card, and Paypal. Norwegian is the main language option at popular online casinos in Norway. But the following languages are available as well: Swedish, Finnish, Danish, English, French, Spanish, German, and Dutch. The main currency used in the best online casinos in Norway is the Norwegian Krone. These are other currencies that are usually accepted at online casinos in Norway: Swedish Kronor, Danish Krone, Great British Pounds, and Euros.