Online gambling is a very controversial issue in Germany. But with around 16 billion Euros in revenue, online gambling is also an insanely popular activity in Germany. This country is one of the largest markets when it comes to online casinos. It’s only natural that Germany is usually not included in an online casino’s list of restricted countries. Germans definitely have a lot of options when it comes to online casinos. The German language is usually offered as a language option at the best casinos and Euro is usually an accepted currency for deposit and withdrawal transactions, which absolutely make online casinos more accessible to German players.
History of Online Casinos in Germany
Gambling in Germany has a long and eventful history. Back in 1720, Germany’s first ever casino was opened. In 2008, the creation and approval of Germany’s Interstate Gambling Treaty was able to regulate the online gambling industry in the country. It also banned every single online casino and Germans were banned from participating in all forms of online gambling activities. In 2010, the German gambling market was proven to be the monopoly by the European Court of Justice. The Treaty was also criticized by other states in Europe. In 2012, the state of Schleswig-Holstein was able to produce its own gambling market and legislation. This made it possible for the state to award gambling licenses to some of the best online casinos in Germany. Bet365 Casino, Betfair Casino, and Pokerstars are some of the online casinos which got lucky enough to get a gambling license in a country with strict gambling laws. In 2013, the Schleswig-Holstein also joined the Interstate Gambling Treaty and eventually stopped issuing gambling certificates to online casinos. The 50 gambling licenses it was able to award will be valid until 2018. In 2017, a new gambling law was approved by the German states. The new gambling law allows gambling licenses to be awarded to more online casinos. It will also stop the gambling monopoly in the Germany. The new gambling law became effective last January 1, 2018.
Online Casino Gambling Laws and Regulations in Germany
Unfortunately, all forms of online gambling are illegal in this country. This is according to Germany’s Interstate Treaty on Online Gambling. But that wasn’t always the case in Germany. There were no existing online gambling laws and restrictions until 2008. In 2008, online gambling became illegal, as well as poker rooms and sports betting. But there was a time when each German state had its own gambling legislation and was able to award gambling licenses to 50 online casinos. Up to now, the 50 casinos are the only licensed ones in the whole country. Depending on the state, since gambling laws vary from state to state, the minimum age required to be able to play at online casinos are either 18 or 21.
The Best NetEnt Casinos in Germany with Welcome Bonuses
Here are some of the best NetEnt casinos in Germany with some information on their welcome bonuses:
- Rizk Casino (Welcome Bonus: £100 cash with a 200% match bonus)
- PlayFrank Casino (Welcome Bonus: €300 cash with 200 free spins)
- Thrills Casino (Welcome Bonus: $1500 cash with 20 Super Spins)
- Quasar Gaming Casino (Welcome Bonus: €800 cash bonus)
- Dunder Casino (Welcome Bonus: $600 cash with 200 free spins)
- DrueckGlueck Casino (Welcome Bonus: €300 cash with 50 free spins)
- Kaboo Casino (Welcome Bonus: $200 cash bonus)
- PlayOJO Casino (Welcome Bonus: 50 free spins with no wagering requirement)
- Slots Magic Casino (Welcome Bonus: €100 cash with 50 free spins)
- LuckyNiki Casino (Welcome Bonus: €100 cash with 100 free spins)
- EuroGrand Casino (Welcome Bonus: £1000 with 25 free spins)
- Buzzluck Casino (Welcome Bonus: $868 cash bonus)
- William Hill Vegas Casino (Welcome Bonus: 30 no deposit free spins)
- Aladdin’s Gold Casino (Welcome Bonus: Unlimited Cash and Free Spins Bonus)
- Club World Casinos (Welcome Bonus: $777 cash bonus)
- Gossip Slots (Welcome Bonus: Up to $8000 cash bonus)
- Drake Casino (Welcome Bonus: Up to $6000 cash bonus)
- Roxy Palace Casino (Welcome Bonus: 200 no deposit free spins)
- Captain Jack Casino (Welcome Bonus: Up to $11,000 cash bonus)
- Spartan Slots Casino (Welcome Bonus: $400 Cash Bonus)
- Black Diamond Casino (Welcome Bonus: 25 no deposit free spins)
- Betsafe Casino (Welcome Bonus: Up to $1000 cash bonus)
- Karamba Casino (Welcome Bonus: 100 no deposit free spins)
- Planet 7 Casino (Welcome Bonus: Up to $7777 cash bonus)
- Silver Oak Casino (Welcome Bonus: Up to $4000 cash bonus)
Other Well-known and Reliable NetEnt Casinos in Germany
These are other well-known and reliable NetEnt casinos in Germany: GOWILD Casino, Superlenny Casino, Casumo Casino, Guts Casino, William Hill Club Casino, Energy Casino, Highroller Casino, EU Casino, SpinIt Casino, Energy Casino, Drift Casino, Golden Lion Casino, Zodiacu Casino, Bo Vegas Casino, Mucho Vegas Casino, Miami Club Casino, Red Stag Casino, Slotocash Casino, Power Spins Casino, Mars Casino, and Club World Casinos.
Payment Methods, Currencies, and Languages Available at NetEnt Casinos in Germany
The following payment methods are widely used at online casinos in Germany: Direct Bank Transfer, iDebit, Flexepin, PaysafeCard, ecoPayz, Skrill, Neteller, MasterCard, and VISA. These currencies are the most accepted ones at online German casinos: Euros, US Dollars, and UK Pounds. When it comes to languages offered by online German casinos, aside from German, English, Italian, Spanish, and French are usually available.
The Future of Online Casinos in Germany
The future definitely looks good for the online casino industry in Germany. Positive changes are starting to unfold when it comes to the country’s strict gambling laws and regulations. Slowly, Germans are given chances to enjoy their favorite online casino games. The online casino industry brings billions in revenue even with their strict online gambling laws. This amount will only get bigger once this activity becomes legalized or at least less regulated. Although Germans are quite unlucky when it comes to legalizing online gambling, the constantly changing and improving gambling laws and regulations in Germany are indicators of a great future ahead of them when it comes to online casino gaming.